Wellyopolis

savage love

Dan Savage of Savage Love column fame has an op-ed in the Guardian. It's worth reading:

New Jersey Governor James "I'm a Gay American" McGreevey has a pretty mouth. Has any politician ever looked better wrapping his lips around his own resignation? ....

If I called a press conference to announce that I was a straight American, that I had conducted an affair with a woman that was going to destroy my career (much of which is based on my cocksucking cred), the only way my boyfriend would stand at my side beaming would be if he was holding my recently amputated testicles behind his clenched teeth. ....

According to the Falwells, Robertsons and Santorums of the world, I'm supposed to think less about the South African Olympic men's swim team and more about hell (hot!) and eternity (long!). Then I'm supposed to go find a woman I can trick into marrying me. So what if the foundation of my marriage is a lie? So what if I have to struggle against my sexual and emotional needs all my adult life? Do what you gotta do, faggot: if you need to think about other men - like, say, all those nice boys on the South African Olympic swim team - in order to perform sexually for your wife and make some babies, Senator Santorum says go for it.

Posted by robe0419 at August 17, 2004 8:18 AM